After putting their lives on the line to defend our nation, our veterans deserve world-class care and benefits as they transition to civilian life. Unfortunately, recent abuses, systemic failures, and shocking scandals at the Veterans Administration have failed our veterans. Tragically, many of these abuses and scandals have contributed to a nation-wide epidemic of veteran suicides that shames our nation. In light of these challenges, business as usual is no longer an option. We need innovative and bold solutions to help our veterans heal from the scars of war, both seen and unseen, while bringing transparency, accountability, and modernization to the VA. I am under no illusions that this will be easy, but this is a mission we cannot afford to fail.
- H.R. 873 - Global War on Terrorism Memorial Act
- H.R. 3042 - The Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act
- H.R. 1133 - Veterans Transplant Coverage Act
- H.R. 2327 – The Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers (PAWS) Act
- H.R. 2601 – The Veterans Increased Choice for Transplanted Organs and Recovery (VICTOR) Act
- H.R. 2519 – The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Act
- H.R. 1943 – Restoring Maximum Mobility to Our Nation’s Veterans Act
- H.R. 299 – Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act
- H.R. 4663 -- Know Your Vets Act
- H.R. 3640 -- Department of Veterans Affairs Information Technology Restructuring Act
- H.R. 3949 -- Veterans Apprenticeship and Labor Opportunity Reform (VALOR) Act
- H.R. 2225 – Veterans Dog Training Therapy Act
- H.R. 632 – Mark Takai Atomic Veterans Healthcare Parity Act
- H.R. 1683 – National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 3036 – DD-214 Modernization Act
- H. Res. 214 – Expressing support for designation of a Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day
- H. Con. Res. 41 – Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the United States declaration of war against Germany and entry into World War I
- H. Con. Res. 59 – Recognizing the 75th anniversary of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
- H. Con. Res. 45 – Expressing the Sense of Congress About Vietnam Blue Water Veterans
- Warrior Caucus
More on Veterans
Washington, D.C. – Today Rep. Mike Gallagher, along with his colleague Rep. Danny Davis (D-IL), launched the Trauma-Informed Care Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives. The bipartisan caucus will work to increase awareness in Congress of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC), the science-based treatment framework used to address the root causes of major public health issues in the U.S., including addiction, mental health, and obesity.
On Veterans Day in 2017, Rep. Mike Gallagher officially launched the Northeast Wisconsin (NEW) Battalion and Welcome Home Sponsor Program in Green Bay. The program’s purpose is to provide recently returned servicemen and women in Northeast Wisconsin a sponsor or guide to help eliminate any frustration they encounter upon re-entering civilian life. Sponsors will help guide veterans to the many services and programs that are available to them in Brown County and the state of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Representative Mike Gallagher launches a new sponsor program for veterans returning from overseas.
The program is called the Northeast Wisconsin (NEW) Battalion and Welcome Home Sponsor Program in Brown County Friday.
Green Bay, WI – Today Rep. Mike Gallagher officially launched the Northeast Wisconsin (NEW) Battalion and Welcome Home Sponsor Program in Green Bay.
It has been a tragic year for the Navy’s Japan-based Forward Deployed Naval Forces (FDNF). Four significant shipboard accidents (three collisions and a grounding)—including two collisions in two months—resulted in the deaths of 17 sailors and what is likely to be more than $500M in repair costs to return the damaged ships to service.
GREEN BAY – U.S. Army Cpl. Norman Chernick never told his son, Rick, much about his experience fighting in Africa and Europe during World War II.
“Many members of that generation who fought didn’t talk about what they did,” Rick Chernick said. “I knew he started in Africa and ended up in Germany.”
Thanks to a family friend and Rep. Mike Gallagher’s staff, Rick knows a little more about his fathers service as a corporal in the U.S. Army and has a few reminders to share with future generations of the Chernick family.
Washington, D.C. – Today Rep. Mike Gallagher released a statement in support of President Trump’s new executive order that increases accountability for employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs and better protects whistleblowers:
Washington, D.C. – Today Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) and Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA) introduced H.R. 873, a bipartisan bill allowing the establishment of the National Global War on Terrorism Memorial in Washington D.C. The bill aims to commemorate and honor the members of the Armed Forces that served in defense of the United States in the Global War on Terrorism. Both Rep. Gallagher and Rep. Moulton are post 9/11 Marine Corps veterans who served in Iraq.