Gallagher Opens Nomination Process for Northeast Wisconsin Veteran of the Year
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) today announced he would begin accepting nominations for the Northeast Wisconsin Veteran of the Year Award, a recognition that will honor a veteran in Northeast Wisconsin who continues to display exemplary service after they return home. This is the first year the congressman is soliciting nominations for this award.
“Northeast Wisconsin is blessed with an incredible community of veterans who help make our small slice of the country the best place to live and raise a family,” said Rep. Gallagher. “With your help, the Veteran of the Year Award will shine a spotlight on one of the many veterans here who continue to display service, excellence, and dedication in all that they do. I’m excited to open nominations for this award and look forward to learning more about all the great work being done by veterans in our community.”
Those looking to submit a nomination can do so by filling out this form on the Congressman's website. To qualify, a nominee must be someone who:
- Is a veteran of one of the six military services, including Reserves or National Guard,
- Is a resident of the Eighth Congressional District, and
- Can supply a DD-214.
Nominees will be judged by a group of veteran and community leaders from Northeast Wisconsin based on the following criteria:
- Service: The veteran demonstrates selfless service to our nation and Northeast Wisconsin through public service or volunteering,
- Excellence: The veteran demonstrates going above and beyond the call of duty, whatever the job may be, while in the military or in retirement, and
- Dedication: The veteran demonstrates a clear commit to our country and community, and a passion for improving life in Northeast Wisconsin.
Nominations will be accepted through 5:00pm CT on October 8, 2021. The award will be presented to the winning veteran around Veterans Day.