Gallagher Announces Opening of 2021 Congressional App Challenge
June 30, 2021
GREEN BAY, WI – Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) today announced that the Congressional App Challenge is open to middle and high school students who live or study in Wisconsin’s Eight Congressional District.
The app challenge is a national competition that allows students interested in STEM to design, create and demonstrate an application on a computer, tablet, or phone. Eighth District students will compete against each other to have their app posted online at http://House.gov and congressionalappchallenge.us
“I’m excited to announce that my office will once again host the Congressional App Challenge for students in Wisconsin’s Eighth District,” said Rep. Gallagher. “This competition is a fantastic way for students to showcase and improve their coding skills, and I look forward to seeing what kinds of apps they come up with for this year’s challenge.”
Students can compete as individuals or in teams up to four members. Registration is available at congressionalappchallenge.us, and the deadline for submissions is 11:00 a.m. CT, Monday, November 1st, 2021. The parameters surrounding each submission are included below:
- Topic: The app can be about any topic.
- Platform: The app can be on any platform (web app, desktop/PC app, a web browser extension, robot, Ruby on Rails, mobile, etc).
- Functionality: The app must have some degree of functionality to be competitive.
- Content Suitability: The app cannot be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, demonstrate a lack of respect for public morals or conduct, adversely affect the reputation of Congressional districts, or depict hatred, defame, or threaten a specific community in the society or incite violence. Contain pornography, obscenity or sexual activity are prohibited. The app must not violate the Intellectual Property, common law or privacy rights of other parties.
- Originality: The app must be original and solely owned by the Contestant such that no other party has any rights or interest, whether known or unknown.
Students and educators with questions about the Congressional App Challenge should contact Rep. Gallagher's De Pere Office at 920-301-4500 or visit congressionalappchallenge.us.
Click HERE for a video of Rep. Gallagher announcing this year's challenge.