Providing for the common defense is the foremost Constitutional obligation of our government. Equally important, it is a sacred contract we maintain with our men and women in uniform who sacrifice on a daily basis so that we may enjoy our rights and freedoms here at home. Unfortunately, for far too long Congress has failed to provide our service members with the resources they need to safely carry out their duty. I am committed to ending over $900 billion in destructive and arbitrary defense cuts and rebuilding America’s military capabilities.
I am passionate about renewing our nation’s defenses because I believe in peace through strength. I want would-be aggressors to look at America’s military and realize that potential gains from conquest are not worth the inevitable American response. Maintaining a military beyond challenge is an investment in a stable and secure world. It takes resources and dedication, but it is ultimately a bargain compared to the horrors and destruction of war.
As a Member of the Seapower and Projection Forces and Readiness subcommittees on the House Armed Services Committee, I proudly advocate for the hardworking men and women of Marinette Marine and the Navy’s Littoral Combat Ship.
- H.R. 1441 - Repeal Sequestration for Defense Act
- H.R. 2994 – Securing the Homeland by Increasing our Power on the Seas (SHIPS) Act
- H.R. 2912 – Advancing America’s Missile Defense Act of 2017
- H.R. 2564 – Requiring an annual report on the personnel, training, and equipment needs of the non-federalized National Guard
- H.R. 2052 – The Protecting the Rights of Individuals Against Technological Exploitation (PRIVATE) Act
- House National Security Caucus (Co-Chair)
- House Navy and Marine Corps Caucus
- House National Guard and Reserve Caucus
- House Army Caucus
- House Air Force Caucus
- House Special Operations (SOCOM) Caucus